Looking forward to getting your body “back” after baby?
DON’T YOU DARE go back to the gym without taking this class first.
What class? Tell me about it!
Your vagina and abs are already thanking you for taking my class!
Back away from that Mommy Boot Camp class and run (OK, speed walk) to my Postnatal Pilates Class where you will learn:
- Why crunches and planks might not be your best friend at first (unless you like that after-birth beer belly look, then, by all means, proceed!) and the exercises you REALLY need to start healing your body.
- That your pelvic floor has been injured (regardless of Csection or vaginal delivery, no tearing or 4th degree tearing, episiotomy, or no episiotomy) and needs recovery exercises designed by an expert.
- How to introduce a beginning level Pilates sequence into your routine EVEN IF YOU’VE NEVER DONE PILATES BEFORE and how to modify the moves to match where your body is at.
- How to turn your everyday activities into exercise just by learning to move your body better!
Are you going to let our current culture and media TELL you that it’s normal to leak urine, have mediocre sex, have a stretched out midsection, or live with constant low back pain because “you had a baby?”
Taking this class is a form of GENTLE REBELLION. We as women need to DEMAND BETTER when it comes to our postpartum recovery and this class is your first step!
After pregnancy, your body just never quite goes “back.”
And, if you start exercising the way you did before pregnancy, you may actually do more harm than good.
But there is good news, GREAT news, in fact.
YOUR NEW MOM BOD CAN BE STRONGER THAN EVER...AND I CAN HELP!
So you’re excited to ditch the maternity clothes……
I support you! But I care more about what’s happening underneath your new outfits…..underneath your new looser skin……I’m taking you DEEP to your inner core muscles, the ones that set the stage for the trajectory of your recovery.
Do not trust your postpartum body to just anyone (not matter how many Followers or Likes they have)
This is not a popularity contest or a race to see who has the most “influence”. Choose someone who has a Master of Science or higher in their field of study (ahem). Choose someone who is a Postpartum specialist (ahem!). Choose someone who has used their own program after the birth of their own children (AHEM!!!) Choose someone who has seen the inside of hundreds of postpartum vaginas. OK, if I didn’t separate myself from the pack with that last one, I give up!!!
But Carrie, Why do you not have “before and after” photos?
I’ve seen women with a body mass index that would land them in the overweight category but have strong, functional core muscles.
I’ve seen stick skinny women where I could sink 2 hands into the crater between their rectus abdominus muscles.
And I’ve seen everything in between.
You absolutely cannot judge a book by its cover, nor should we be glorifying images and messages that celebrate the idea that smaller is better and less is more.
The current standards of beauty often portray unrealistic body types that are not a true reflection of what real health looks like.
I am striving to change the narrative in order to celebrate wellness of both mind and body, encourage you to move your body better wherever you are at, and help you to celebrate the miracle that is the female body.
But Carrie...Do I REALLY need to be concerned about
my pelvic floor and abdominal region?
Yes...Yes you REALLY do need to be concerned about your pelvic floor and abdominal region and here's why:
Jumping back into any exercise routine could lead to:
- Worsening an existing abdominal separation, creating a new separation, or increasing the downward pressure on the pelvic floor muscles. No fresh postpartum mama should jump back into a Pilates routines (or any exercise program) without slowly re-introducing these exercises with modifications.
Doing the 'wrong' exercises could lead to worsening an existing abdominal separation (DRA) or possibly create a new concern. Here's what else it could lead to:
- After-birth belly pooch
- Increased lower back pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
The pelvic floor is already vulnerable, so adding exercises that create pressure on these structures (or ignore them altogether) could lead to:
- Urinary or fecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Less enjoyable sex
MY POSTNATAL PILATES
CLASS CAN HELP!!!
I was that mom, pregnant for the first time, stressing about whether my exercises were harming my baby and I constantly Googled things like “how to handle the pain of childbirth while also not destroying my vagina.” I spent a lot of time navigating my own lady parts before designing a program to help women build a strong body that has unique needs, limitations, and opportunities. I use my expert training to develop exercise programs for women at every age and every stage.
Here's how the Postnatal Pilates Program will help you:
- Gently nudge your deep abdominals out of their pregnancy hibernation. Learn targeted exercises designed specifically to reduce abdominal separation, reduce lower back pain, and help support your internal organs to reduce the risk of urinary leakage and pelvic organ prolapse.
- Learn how to properly contract and relax the pelvic floor muscles and how to incorporate these muscles into regular Pilates exercises to help minimize urinary leakage and pelvic organ prolapse while increasing sexual enjoyment and pleasure.
- I take a beginning level Pilates sequence and “back it up” 6 weeks so you start with very ab-safe and pelvic floor-friendly moves. We slowly increase the difficulty level so that you are safely performing a beginning sequence by Week 6.
- I discuss at length proper body mechanics with activities of daily living like diaper changes, bathing the baby, and feeding the baby. The exercises are specifically designed for the postpartum posture in order to stretch what is often tight and focus on strengthening the weaker muscles so you can enjoy bonding with your baby without pain.
6 Weeks of Progressive Exercise Videos
The Postnatal Pilates Online Course will help your body recover from the birth of your baby, whether you are six weeks postpartum or longer. Carrie will guide you towards safely awakening your deep abdominals and pelvic floor to strengthen your body from the inside in order to prevent postpartum injuries and get you feeling stronger than ever. Each week you will receive a new, upgraded exercise video until you are safely performing a beginning level Pilates sequence by Week 6!
6 Weeks of Instructional Videos
Each week features a lesson focused on safely rebuilding your core, including:
- What is Your Core and How to Find It: Your core is so much more than just abs! After baby, most moms rush back into crunches and HIIT workouts without fully understanding what’s happening internally and what’s causing that floppy, flabby, mushy mid-section.
- How to Care For a Baby Without Spraining Your Spine: And you thought the back pain was over after pregnancy! Caring for a baby can be a back breaker. Learn the simple adjustments that you can make to your daily routine as a mama that will help your body recover and eliminate some of that pain.
- Let’s Talk About Sex (after) Baby: Don’t feel bad about this not being at the top of your priority list. But sex is fun (yes, for you too!) and I want you to be having it! I’ll help you ease back into things in a way that’s pleasurable and realistic with solutions that can be used as soon as tonight!
- Return of Menses and Birth Control Options: Your period is so much more than an annoying monthly visitor. I’ll teach you how to appreciate it as a monthly report card telling you how your body is doing. Learn what your cycle can mean for your moods, productivity, and your sex drive. And learn the pros and cons of the most popular forms of birth control (hormonal and non-hormonal) so you can have an educated discussion with your provider and determine what’s best for you!
- Eating Healthy on the GO!: Mom life is a fast life so you want to be able to fuel your postpartum body quickly, without sacrificing flavor and enjoyment. I’ll teach you what foods to flock to that will help nurture your recovery and energize you for a day of being mom.
- How to Advance Your Exercise Program Safely: Before jumping back into your other favorite exercise class, learn how to safely add new exercises without sacrificing all the hard work you’ve been putting in to strengthen your postnatal body!
AND YOU'LL GET THESE EXTRAS!
Bonus! Expanded Worksheets
Each week, you’ll get access to a new and expanded worksheet that brings the video lesson to life. Follow along as you watch your instructional videos and get the most of your investment!
Bonus! Unlimited Access
You will have access to your classes for the life of the program. Come back to it in a month or in a year, it will be here! Your purchase today also gives you access to any ongoing updates and additions to the course!
Bonus! Premium Support
Carrie is here to support you! If there are any problems or questions, you can email her and get a personal response!
Bonus! Video Meditations
You’ll receive a file of beautiful video meditations customized for the program you are registered to comfort your mind and settle your soul.
“I feel so much better after just six weeks and I really feel like I can keep the momentum going. Your teaching style and way of explaining not only how to do each exercise, but the why, was so awesome. I am so much more aware of my form and confident I can avoid future injury.”
Postnatal Pilates Student
“Every new mom should know about Carrie’s class! After having my baby, I tried jogging and ended up frustrated and in pain. After completing Carrie’s post natal class, I feel stronger and more confident to start exercising now that my core is awake!“
Postnatal Pilates Student
This is a class that EVERY woman should take after giving birth and I’m so glad I found it!
Labor and Delivery Nurse, Lactation Consultant, & Certified Childbirth Educator