YOUR VAGINA NEEDS ME!!!
Give your abs a fighting chance and rescue your pelvic floor from certain peril.
Back away from that Mommy Boot Camp class and run (OK, speed walk!) to my Prenatal Pilates Class where you will learn:
- What in the heck a Kegel actually is, why relaxing these muscles will help SLIDE your baby out, and how you can make it out on the other side of birth with your sex life in tact (and maybe better!)
- Why crunches and planks might not be your best friend (unless you like that after-birth beer belly look, then by all means, proceed!) and the exercises you REALLY need
- How to beat the “ring of fire” sensation that moms talk about when the baby’s head is crowning, and why this part of birth is actually a gift (yes, a GIFT!)
- How to enter the doors of labor and delivery (or labor at home or in your car…..wherever) feeling strong and empowered instead of lumbering towards this great event already with back pain or pelvic pain
Lemme guess, sounds great BUT you just don’t have the time?
This program is delivered in bite-sized chunks, can be stopped and started as often as you need, plus you’ll have access for the life of the program so complete it in 6 weeks or 6 months, up to you!!!
What’s that? You don’t know how to do Pilates? No problem!!!
In fact, most women that sign up for this class have ZERO Pilates experience or talk about how they took a class or watched a Pilates video once in the late 90s. Come on in, the water’s warm!!!!
And the best excuse I hear: Sounds great but I’m just LAZY.
Gotta love the honesty! Here’s the thing. Just by pushing play, the benefit of the exercises automatically seeps into your body like osmosis. OK, you actually might need to do the exercises to get the benefits, but I promise once you get into it, it will be a piece of cake!!!!
But Carrie...Do I REALLY need to be concerned about
my pelvic floor and abdominal region?
Yes...Yes you REALLY do need to be concerned about your pelvic floor and abdominal region and here's why:
DRA (Abdominal Separation)
- During pregnancy, this abdominal separation creates a space that allows your uterus to droop which may cause your labor to be slow to start on its own and affect the force you are able to produce during pushing which could increase your chance of a c-section.
- Increased lower back pain
- Unsightly after-birth belly pooch
- Increased chances of umbilical hernia
- Increased chance of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
- Urinary or fecal incontinence
- Pain with sex
Joint Dysfunction/Public Symphysis Dysfunction
- Increased pregnancy pain
- Pelvic and sacral torsion can limit the path the baby takes to make its entrance into the world.
- Increased pain
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure
- Carrying these bad habits over to postpartum time
So your Prenatal Pilates Program can really help?
I was that mom, pregnant for the first time, stressing about whether my exercises were harming my baby and I constantly Googled things like “how to handle the pain of childbirth while also not destroying my vagina.” I spent a lot of time navigating my own lady parts before designing a program to help pregnant women build a strong body that has unique needs, limitations, and opportunities. I use my expert training to develop exercise programs for women at every age and every stage.
Here's how the Prenatal Pilates Program will help you:
- All exercises are DRA-safe and ab-friendly. Learn how to manage your intra-abdominal pressure and properly engage your core to decrease the stress on the connective tissue (linea alba) between the 2 rectus abdominus muscles. Learning this will maximize your chances of your uterus being well- supported so baby can align itself head down in preparation for the big day, allow you to generate maximum force during the pushing phase of delivery, decrease the risk of umbilical hernia, urinary leakage, prolapse, and that unsightly after-birth belly.
- Learn to contract AND relax the pelvic floor mm properly, learn perineal massage to prepare the tissues to stretch during crowning and help avoid tearing and episiotomy, positions to deliver in that are safer to the pelvic floor, how to push/breathe to minimize
pelvic floor muscle injury, education on episiotomy (and avoiding.)
- Stretch/strengthen the muscles of the pelvis to stabilize sacrum and pelvis, learn sacroiliac joint self correcting ex, mobilize the sacral ligaments so they are prepared for the movement they will take during birth, learn what braces might help stabilize and minimize pain.
Learn pregnancy-specific body mechanics tips, learn typical pregnancy posture and why it’s not good for you, and let me help you stretch the muscles that are often tight while strengthening the ones that are often stretched out and weak.
“I’ve been doing really well after this pregnancy – probably the best I’ve ever been post-partum. The strategies that you talked about regarding labor really helped me. I didn’t hardly tear this time, and feel that I pushed correctly for the first time. And I was bouncing around feeling great only days after!”
Prenatal Pilates Student
“So glad I got to take this class to be able to learn proper abdominal exercises that were different from my normal routine for exercise. I really think I’d have messed myself up doing crunches or other things before taking this class.“
Prenatal Pilates Student
“I could not believe how quickly labor went! The breathing techniques were what got me through the contractions. I was amazed that I was able to stay in control. I can’t thank you enough for everything we learned in prenatal Pilates!”
Prenatal Pilates Student
Here's a snippet of what you
should expect from the program...
But Carrie, Why do you not have “before and after” photos?
I’ve seen women with a body mass index that would land them in the overweight category but have strong, functional core muscles.
I’ve seen stick skinny women where I could sink 2 hands into the crater between their rectus abdominus muscles.
And I’ve seen everything in between.
You absolutely cannot judge a book by its cover, nor should we be glorifying images and messages that celebrate the idea that smaller is better and less is more.
The current standards of beauty often portray unrealistic body types that are not a true reflection of what real health looks like.
I am striving to change the narrative in order to celebrate wellness of both mind and body, encourage you to move your body better wherever you are at, and helping you to celebrate the miracle that is the female body.
6 Weeks of Progressive Workouts
These specifically-designed exercises will help your body support your baby during pregnancy, prepare you to birth your baby, and lay the foundation for a more complete recovery.
All exercises are safe for all trimesters and fitness levels, so you can start where you’re at and make modifications for common difficulties you may be experiencing.
6 Weeks of Instructional Videos
Exercising Safely in Pregnancy: If you want to know (which exercises are good for you (and the baby!) and how to prepare your body for labor, this course will guide you on the path to a healthy pregnancy.
Posture and Body Mechanics: Your everyday movement can be just as important as exercise. Learn how to make simple adjustments to your normal activities that will keep you moving comfortably and away from pregnancy pain!
Pelvic Floor Health and Perineal Massage: A strong core is so much more than ab muscles. I’ll teach you why it’s essential to strengthen AND relax your pelvic floor during pregnancy resulting in an easier labor and delivery, a decreased likelihood of tearing your lady bits (yea sorry, that’s a thing), and a faster recovery.
Pain in Pregnancy and the Maternal Supports That Can Help: Pain is NOT a natural part of the pregnancy process that you’re just “supposed to put up with.” I’ll teach you how to remedy common pregnancy discomforts at home, keeping you from making extra trips to the doctor.
Stages of Labor and Positions/Pushing Techniques: Did you know that there are things you can do in each stage of labor to keep yourself more comfortable and help your body to birth your baby. Should you even “push” and what are you visualizing, and how should you breathe to be most effective and cause less trauma? Learn all this and more!
Making the Most of Your Postpartum Time + Your 6-week Appointment: I’ll guide you through the things you need to do during recovery so you’re prepared for what to do in between snuggles and late night feedings. When is it really safe to go back to exercise? Do you need a belly binder? What body movement should you avoid in the early days following birth? And, what should you really be asking (and telling!) your OBGYN at your 6-week appointment?
AND YOU'LL GET THESE EXTRAS!
Bonus! Expanded Worksheets
Each week, you’ll get access to a new and expanded worksheet that brings the video lesson to life. Follow along as you watch your instructional videos and get the most of your investment!
BONUS! Unlimited Access
Your course doesn’t expire! Come back to it in a month or in a year, it will be here! Your purchase today also gives you access to any ongoing updates and additions to the course!
BONUS! Premium Support
Carrie is here to support you! If there are any problems or questions, you can email her and get a personal response!
BONUS! Video Meditations
You’ll receive a file of beautiful video meditations customized for the
program you are registered to comfort your mind and settle your soul.
Got Questions? Let's See If I Can Answer Them.
What if I end up having an unplanned C-section or already plan to have a scheduled C-section? Is this class a waste of time?
Why should pregnant women trust you over some more well-known names in the fitness industry?
What if I just found out I’m pregnant or I’m already in my third trimester? Is this program still for me?
What separates your program from other ones offered online or in fitness apps?
What if I’m experiencing some discomfort (back pain or pelvic pain, etc)?
What other “extras” do you offer in your program?
How long can I view the program once purchased?
What if I’ve never done Pilates before?
ONLINE PRENATAL PILATES PROGRAM
The Online Prenatal Pilates Program from Pilates By Carrie is the most comprehensive workout program for any pregnant woman ready to take control of her fitness at home.
- 6 Informative videos related to your prenatal journey
- 6 Instructional pilates exercise videos
- 6 Downloadable worksheets to keep you on tract
- Guided Meditations developed specifically for expecting women